Last Updated: 2nd July 2020
The Current Situation
We hope to be running some of our flights by the 2nd week of July. See below for details of what we can offer. Please also make sure you read the “COVID-19 Things to Note” section at the bottom of the page.
The first flights we will be able to operate are our 20, 30 & 45 minute tours (look below for experience flights). As you will be booking the helicopter for your group you should ensure that the mix of the group conforms to Government guidelines in force at the time of the flight for optimal safety. This is currently from a single household or a “bubble” of 2 households.
Helicopter Experience Flights
These are our vouchers where you book a seat (or two) on a shared flight. Our statistics show many of these are given as Christmas and Birthday gifts to those in vulnerable age groups. Because of the mixing of strangers with no social distancing we have decided not to restart these flights in July as we wish to ensure our procedures are working and that the opening of pubs etc is not causing COVID infection spikes. We appreciate this may be frustrating, but feel it is best practice. You can upgrade your experience flight to a private tour as shown below.
Upgrading your Experience Flight
If you decide that you would rather fly in a known group you can upgrade to one of our tours by paying the difference. For example, if you have 2 x 20min Experience Flight vouchers you can upgrade to the 20 min private tour and bring a 3rd person for an additional £80. Please contact us on 01273 257070 for further details.
Helicopter Trial Lessons
We hope to have these running by mid to late July. There is a backlog of students studying for their pilot's license that the school needs to get back on track first before trial lessons can be undertaken.
Lunch & Afternoon Tea Flights
We are working with our hotel partners and hope to have some news on these flights in the near future.
To book a tour or trial lesson please contact us on 01273 257070 and we will get you booked in. For our experience flights, if you already have booked in for August or beyond then we will be in touch closer to the date. If you are yet to register your voucher(s) you can do so here. If you would rather change your shared experience flight to a private tour then please contact us on the number above and we can discuss options.
COVID-19 Things to Note
- Should you or any member of your party be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been with those who have, then you should reschedule your flight and follow Government guidelines.
- Our flights are classed as public transport and this, at the time of writing, means you are legally required to wear a facemask comprising of at least 3 layers. You should bring your own mask that complies with the requirements and that you are comfortable wearing. We are able to supply (at a cost) basic masks if required.
- Social distancing is not achievable on the helicopter. If you are from a vulnerable group of have concerns we would suggest delaying your flight till you are happier with the risk or have had the vaccine (when developed).
- To minimise interaction between staff working at the hangar and flying groups we will endeavour to keep you socially distanced. This may mean waiting in your car till we are ready to fly and utilising outdoor spaces where possible.
- Spectators will be asked to view from the perimeter fence (only metres away from the helipads) rather than coming into the hangar, once again to minimise unnecessary interactions.
- Helicopters will be cleaned with Bacoban as part of their pre-flight inspection. This disinfectant lasts for up to 10 days, but frequent touch points will be wiped down between flights. More info on Bacoban.
- Pilots and ground staff will have completed temperature checks and wellness questionnaires when starting duty.
- Whilst, in the past, we would have enjoyed letting you have pictures shaking the pilot's hand etc, we feel sure you will understand that this is not currently possible. However, we will do everything we can to make your visit as special as possible within the confines of this new normal.
- If you have any questions please ensure you talk to us before making a booking online as you may incur a booking fee should you then need to cancel.