Last Updated: 4th December 2020
The Current Situation
We are up and running with our tours, experience flights, lunch/afternoon tea flights and trial lessons. However, should the local area be placed into a higher lockdown tier these will have stop. Obviously this is a fluid situation so please call if you have questions.
See below for details of what we can offer. Please also make sure you read the “COVID-19 Things to Note” section at the bottom of the page.
We are operating our 20, 30 & 45 minute tours (look below for experience flights). As you will be booking the helicopter for your group you should ensure that the mix of the group conforms to Government guidelines in force at the time of the flight for optimal safety. This is currently from a single household or a “bubble” of 2 households.
Helicopter Experience Flights
These are our vouchers where you book a seat (or two) on a shared flight. Our statistics show many of these are given as Christmas and Birthday gifts to those in vulnerable age groups. There is no way of social distancing on the helicopter so you should consider your own risk profile and what you are comfortable doing. We are not enforcing expiry dates on the vouchers so you could always wait till you feel more comfortable flying in a confined enviroment with others.
You can upgrade your experience flight to a private tour as shown below.
Upgrading your Experience Flight
If you decide that you would rather fly in a known group you can upgrade to one of our tours by paying the difference. For example, if you have 2 x 20min Experience Flight vouchers you can upgrade to the 20 min private tour and bring a 3rd person for an additional £80. Please contact us on 01273 257070 for further details.
Helicopter Trial Lessons
These are now back up and running. Booking times are a bit longer than usual as we catch up with those students that have had their courses disrupted.
Lunch & Afternoon Tea Flights
Flights are available, but this is subject to change should the area that the hotel is located in be placed into a higher tier of restrictions.
To book a tour or trial lesson please contact us on 01273 257070 and we will get you booked in. For our experience flights, if you already have booked in for August or beyond then we will be in touch closer to the date. If you are yet to register your voucher(s) you can do so here. If you would rather change your shared experience flight to a private tour then please contact us on the number above and we can discuss options.
COVID-19 Things to Note
- Should you or any member of your party be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been with those who have, then you should reschedule your flight and follow Government guidelines.
- Our flights are classed as public transport and this, at the time of writing, means you are legally required to wear a facemask comprising of at least 3 layers. You should bring your own mask that complies with the requirements and that you are comfortable wearing. We are able to supply (at a cost) basic masks if required.
- Social distancing is not achievable on the helicopter. If you are from a vulnerable group of have concerns we would suggest delaying your flight till you are happier with the risk or have had the vaccine (when developed).
- To minimise interaction between staff working at the hangar and flying groups we will endeavour to keep you socially distanced. This may mean waiting in your car till we are ready to fly and utilising outdoor spaces where possible.
- Spectators will be asked to view from the perimeter fence (only metres away from the helipads) rather than coming into the hangar, once again to minimise unnecessary interactions.
- Helicopters will be cleaned with Bacoban as part of their pre-flight inspection. This disinfectant lasts for up to 10 days, but frequent touch points will be wiped down between flights. More info on Bacoban.
- Pilots and ground staff will have completed temperature checks and wellness questionnaires when starting duty.
- Whilst, in the past, we would have enjoyed letting you have pictures shaking the pilot's hand etc, we feel sure you will understand that this is not currently possible. However, we will do everything we can to make your visit as special as possible within the confines of this new normal.
- If you have any questions please ensure you talk to us before making a booking online as you may incur a booking fee should you then need to cancel.